We are more than just statistics or the barriers we face.
August is #BlackBusinessMonth
Pandemic was extremely hard on Black-owned businesses – nearly 40% closed down.
Founded by #JohnWilliamTempleton in 2004, #NationalBlackBusinessMonth celebrates and highlights the 10% of U.S. businesses (2+ million) that are ran by Black business owners. These businesses are essential to the folks and communities in which they serve and operate.
Learn more: www.blackbusinessmonth.com
(Please share Black-owned businesses in the comments section – particularly #WesternMarylandBusinesses!)
Here are 5 ways to support Black-owned businesses:
1. Offer Visibility: Support, sponsor, and feature Black-owned businesses via social media, news press, blog, podcast, and the like.
2. Provide Equal Access to Funding: Help remove barriers and increase accessibility to funding and networks for Black-owned businesses.
3. Share Seat at the Table: Open the door to group meetings, networking events, and so on.
4. Be Intentional: Purchase, refer, and engage with businesses throughout the year – not just during a holiday season.
5. Write and Share Reviews: Support Black-owned businesses by leaving online reviews.
#BlackBusinessMonth2022 #BlackOwned #BlackOwnedBusiness #BlackBusiness #BIPOCowned #BIPOCbusiness #NAACP #GarrettNAACP #GCNAACP